Spiritual, Moral, Social, Cultural (SMSC) strategy
We actively promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs. We believe that actively promoting these values means challenging opinions or behaviours in the academy that are contrary to fundamental British values. In line with the Teachers’ Standards, we expect all teachers to uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside the academy.
Through our provision of SMSC, Robsack Wood Primary Academy will:
- enable pupils to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- enable pupils to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- encourage pupils to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the academy and to society more widely
- enable pupils to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England
- further tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling pupils to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures
- encourage respect for other people
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.