Robsack Wood pupil uniform guidelines: Reception to Year 6
At Robsack Wood Primary Academy we believe that uniform enables pupils to feel a sense of belonging and to feel secure in their environment, free from judgement. It encourages pupils to take a sense of pride in their appearance. For this reason, we expect all pupils to be in full uniform at all times. This is non-negotiable and parents will be contacted if pupils come into the Academy without the correct uniform and these items will be removed.
All uniform must be clearly named, with the child’s first name and surname.
- green sweatshirt / cardigan with embroidered Academy logo
- yellow polo shirt with embroidered Academy logo
- green fleeces with embroidered Academy logo are available, if required, for outdoor use only
- grey trousers or shorts (not black)
- grey skirt or pinafore dress (not black)
- plain black school shoes or plain black trainers with no logo or branded markings. Coloured trainers, boots or high heeled shoes are not permitted. If your child’s shoes have laces, please ensure that they are able to tie them
- dark grey, black or white socks or black, dark green or dark grey tights. No leggings to be worn under skirts or dresses please.
Summer uniform may also include:
- green and white dresses (checked, striped etc – full pattern dress i.e. no white top)
- sun hats (to be worn outside only).
- plain white t-shirt (also available with the Academy logo if desired)
- green shorts
- plimsolls or trainers (separate to the black trainers which may be worn for school shoes)
- navy blue or black jogging bottoms (for winter) with a sweat top in blue or black.
Please note – pupils are taught about personal hygiene and are encouraged to take their PE clothes home regularly to be washed. Aerosol deodorants are not allowed in the Academy, however a roll on deodorant/antiperspirant is permitted for Year 5 and 6 pupils to use before/after PE.
Additional uniform expectations
In addition, pupils need to adhere to the following expectations.
- One pair of gold or silver stud earrings may be worn. No other jewellery is permitted.
- Pupils may wear a watch. No other bracelets or bands are permitted.
- There should be no key rings or attachments hanging from pupils' uniforms. A small key ring is permitted on a book bag to support pupils in identifying their belongings.
- All pupils need a green Robsack Wood book bag, a named lunchbox/bag and a named PE bag.
- We advise pupils to wear long hair tied back. Hair should be of natural colour. Extreme hair-cuts will not be permitted and should be appropriate for the Academy environment i.e. no Mohicans or fashionable shaved designs.
- Hair accessories should be small, discreet and where possible in Academy colours (green and yellow).
- Make up and nail varnish are not permitted. Any transfers should remain hidden.
We reserve the right to forbid items of clothing, accessories and footwear. Similarly extremes of new styles, or fashion 'crazes' are unacceptable.